My List Of What I Am Thankful For And Why
If you read my last post you already know that I am talking about being thankful in our lives and how we need to do it as often as we can instead of just around holidays. In this crazy world we do tend to forget sometimes to focus on what we are thankful for when we really just want to complain. Let us all be thankful together and remind everyone that they are not alone. It is alright to be thankful all the time not just once in a while in our lives.
Today, I would like to take the time to share with you a few of the things in my life that I am thankful for because I want you to first of all get to know me better as a writer, but also know that I too find things to be thankful for not just on holidays. I keep a small notebook with me and in my free moments I sit down and write down things that I am thankful for and the reason why to help me realize that I am lucky to be in America and get to have freedom in my life each day! So, here is my small list for you to understand what I mean. I truly encourage all of you to find different things each day to be thankful for and when you write them down you will be amazed by how many things you wrote down for yourself.
- My Adoption- I was put in an orphanage from the time I was born in 1996 –2000. When I was 4 years old a wonderful couple had decided to adopt me and bring me home with them along with a little boy who would become my adoptive brother. Some children these days are either in foster care and waiting for a forever family or they are waiting just like I did to be loved each day.
- A Shelter – We get to have a roof over our heads whenever it is cold outside, raining, or storming. There are families out there who have to find shelter or have a hard time providing a roof over their family’s heads.
- Food- The food we get to eat helps us stay healthy and it helps us get through our day. We get to choose what we want to eat. People who are in other places do not even get a choice of what they eat whatever they get is what they have. Some don’t even have enough money to buy food so they either starve or go days without eating.
- Transportation- We get to go either on buses or we drive ourselves to the places where we want to go. Some people have to walk to work because they cannot afford a vehicle to drive. We should be thankful for our cars.
- Freedom- In a world that is wild we get to have freedom each day of what we want to do. We get to have freedom of speech, freedom of choice, freedom to go where we want, and freedom to be with whoever we want to be with. I truly think there is freedom all around no matter where we go. Let freedom ring all around every day!
- Friends- Whenever life brings us down or there are happy moments it is always good to make friends who we can count on to be there for us whatever life throws at us. It is fine if we only have a few friends or a group of friends. Friends help remind us that we are never alone in life!
- Jobs-We know that our jobs whether we like it or not is what helps us pays bills, puts food on our tables, and helps us learn responsibilities. Keeping a job and showing up on time is very important because that means we are dependent, responsible, and want to do a good job. While we do our job, we need to remember to always have a good attitude at all times while we are working.
- Money- Along with working at our job we are reminded that at the end of the week we get paid. We get to have the freedom to choose what we do with our money. Some people do not have money at all. We have to learn as often as we can to be smart with our money that we spend because it might be the only thing, we have to put food on our family’s table each night and pay bills.
Well, there are my top 8 things in my life that I am thankful for and the reasons why I could make a bigger list, but that is alright it was just an example. So, during this time find different things to be thankful for and I guarantee you that you will be thankful all the time not just on holidays. Let us all be thankful and share with others around you those things you are thankful for and they too will think of what they are thankful for. I hope my list helped you realize that it is important to be thankful every day not just on holidays! I am thankful to be an American!
Thanks for reading,